Tribe is looking for an individual to take on the Operations Intern role to support the smooth operational needs of one of Tribe's strategic portfolio business units, AngelHack. As the Operations Intern, you will be joining a fast-growing organization, playing a critical role in driving operational excellence across the organization. Our core service is running a hackathon. You will ensure that our projects and the business runs smoothly and efficiently to support our growth and stakeholders’ satisfaction. We specialise in organising hackathons (large-scale virtual and in-person coding competitions) and related services that cater to developers from diverse backgrounds. You will support the Operations Team to deliver high-quality outcomes that meet the needs of our clients and participants while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
What is a hackathon?
A hackathon is a coding competition in which both technical & non-technical talents from all walks of life meet to develop solutions to tackle real-world problems present in the current economy or industry. The period where teams work on building a solution is called the hacking period, which may last from 48 hours to 6 weeks depending on the difficulty of technology required for teams to leverage on.
At pre-hackathon or hacking periods, events such as workshops, webinar and 'Ask Me Anything' (AMA) sessions will be held to equip participants with working knowledge and hands-on experience on the technology.
Including but not limited to:
- Strategic Event Alignment: Gain a clear understanding of our organisation's strategic goals and operational processes, and identify areas for improvement to streamline processes, optimise operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Assist in Pre, During and Post Event Workflow:Registration Database: Contribute to the creation of unforgettable events by assisting in the maintenance of event registration systems and attendee databases. Ensure the accurate and timely registration of participants and maintain clear communication with attendees.
- Participant Support: Assist in providing accurate, timely responses to event participants' inquiries and preparing essential materials, such as participant guides and event calendars, to ensure participants have all the information they need for a seamless event experience.
- Data Management: Assist in collecting, organising, and cleaning event data and feedback, allowing the Operations team to analyse the event’s performance to derive actionable insights that drive improvements in our event management processes.
- Vendor Management: Support the management of vendor relationships and the negotiation of contracts to ensure that goods and services are delivered cost-effectively and on time, thereby contributing to the success of our events.
- Logistical Coordination: Assist in the coordination and management of in-person event logistics, ensuring a well-organised sequence of tasks and activities that lead to a smooth execution of all event aspects while adhering to event budgets.
- Project Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the Operations team and project managers to ensure that our event initiatives align seamlessly with overall project objectives while ensuring projects are kept on track and within timelines, making each event a resounding success. Provide on-site coordination and support during event days to ensure they run smoothly and problem-solve issues that arise.
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the world of event management and operations while contributing to the success of innovative events, then this Operations Intern position is the ideal launchpad for your career.
- Available to work for 4 months and above between Jan - Jun 2024, reporting physically to the Singapore office
- Must be fluent in English
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent completion of a degree in any field (Events Management or related fields of study is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in identifying areas for improvement and implementing solutions.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records and data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with project management tools and software.
- Familiarity with event planning and coordination is a plus.
- Prior experience in working with platforms such as Airtable, Notion, Eventbrite, Discord, Slack, etc. is a plus
About Tribe and AngelHack
We are headquartered in Singapore, Tribe's mission is to connect tech talents (software engineers, developers, builders, and coders) around the world to global opportunities via our core business units: AngelHack, StackUp, and Tribe Accelerator.
- AngelHack - Leading developer relations consulting firm powering one of the world's largest developer hackathon ecosystem.
- StackUp - A developer education platform with over 80,000 software developers across all continents, especially in emerging markets - Southeast Asia, Latin America, South Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and more.
- Tribe Accelerator - Singapore's first government-backed web3 accelerator and ecosystem builder.
We work with both Web2 and Web3 tech organisations to help build, grow, engage, and activate their developer communities via various programs and initiatives. Today, we have 300,000+ developers within our ecosystem and we work with 100+ globally leading organisations.