Developer Relations Associate (AngelHack)
metro manila, philippines
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
PLS NOTE: Applicants who do not follow the application requirements will automatically not be considered
- You want to be a part of an ambitious and fast-moving team at AngelHack (https://angelhack.com) (under TribeX - https://tribex.co/) , a community-centric platform that is transforming the way developers discover, learn and apply skills and knowledge.
- You want to manage builder and developer communities on different platforms and to conduct different courses for different demographics. You will manage and communicate with multiple developer demographics, understand their needs and translate them into content and data that other departments can use to facilitate their own programmes and initiatives. You’ll also get to deep dive into the infrastructure of our communication channels and pull out key statistics to justify and aid decisions.
- You will be tasked to aid the Head of Community manage multiple physical and digital communities. This includes engagement, announcements, and relationship-building.
- You will be expected to work across multiple timezones but take breaks where necessary (eg. if you hosted an event at 11pm your time, you will be able to start work at 2pm the next day).
- You also enjoy brainstorming ideas to keep communities engaged, interacting with people, and trying out ad-hoc ideas to test different initiatives. These include creating curriculum and learning pathways.
- You will also be responsible for helping the Head of Community to coordinate local developer hangouts, as well as facilitating in-person events globally (alongside relevant contacts in the region, including yours where necessary)
- Training and mentorship provided.
- Primary and secondary market/community research: you’ll be in a constant, high-touch environment, and need to be able to navigate social cues and read between the lines to discern community needs and wants. The data will be constantly updated and presented to the Head, along with suggestions as how to move forward. You will also be expected to work closely with the Head in order to start driving engagement and activation multiple communities across multiple channels (eg. Discord, Telegram, etc).
- Long-term strategy planning for multiple demographics in a single community: you’ll be working with the Head of Community to plan and iterate roadmaps for the community and work closely with the other departments in order to drive the process. You will also be working with community moderators and a council to help plan and execute events.
- Socialising and trust-building: the AngelHack team’s focus on the community is unparalleled and the relationship between both entities is founded on large amounts of “trust investment”. You’ll learn to maintain the same level of trustworthiness balanced with a healthy openness, while encouraging incoming community members to have the same level of investment in AngelHack.
- Metrics measuring and driving KPIs: you will need to drive key metrics, both qualitative and quantitative. You will also need to plan ways for measuring new or ad-hoc data needs. Your main foci will be activation, retention, and engagement.
- Administration and executive duties: you will be recording metrics, conducting feedback surveys/polls/other quantitative measures, providing reports and feedback to the community manager, as well as justify the rigour of your data. You will also be responsible for hosting and sourcing external speakers, community events (such as soft skill events, game nights, and others), and helping push out cross-business unit announcements (such as hackathons or bootcamps).
- This is a full-time position with adjusted hours (eg. your working hours could be from 2pm - 11pm instead of 10am - 7pm, adjusted to your preference and accounting for different time zones).
- Remote applicants from the Philippines are welcome. Metro Manila area only. Submissions outside of Metro Manila, Philippines, will automatically be disqualified.
- At least 1-2 years experience in community management in either an official or unofficial capacity.
- Both interest in and capacity for large amounts of social interaction: due to different time zones, you may sometimes be required to facilitate events at night.
- Extraverted, enjoys getting to know people, and has a high level of diplomacy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a flair for storytelling and rallying people around you. If you did Literature, English, and/or sociological sciences, we’d love to speak to you. Degree-agnostic.
- Bonus: have some experience in AT LEAST one programming language.
- Able to handle both strategy and administrative duties. Must be detail-oriented.
- Very good at multitasking, but also at prioritising the initiatives and tasks that need to be done. There are always many problems to solve: we want to see what problems you think need to be solved first.
- Eager to work in a largely-remote, cross-functional setting and not afraid to get hands dirty with the running of actual projects and community initiatives.
Application Requirements (please note and follow the below)
- Submit your CV, expected salary, and a short recount about the single most significant experience you’ve had working with or leading a community to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions that do not follow this instruction will automatically not be considered.
- We’ll contact you if we’d like you to come in for an interview. A case study will be required (to be provided by the company)
- Notification of Interview Results